Motec® Wrist Joint Arthrodesis System
The System provides salvage options that limit unnecessary implant removal by taking advantage of pre-existing stable and osseointegrated implants from the Motec Wrist Joint Prosthesis. This preserves the bone available for arthrodesis by minimising bone loss which would otherwise occur during removal of well-fixed implants. The intramedullary system has been developed to reduce soft tissue irritation from hardware and the associated need for secondary implant removal.
The Motec Wrist Joint Arthrodesis System has three different options depending on the patient and implant situation. Note the implants are only for initial fixation. The bone fusion provides long term stability of the wrist.
Features and Benefits:
- Fully compatible salvage procedure.
- Minimizes the need for unnecessary implant removal procedures.
- Minimally invasive.
- Less tension on soft tissue during surgery.
- The angle of the arthrodesis can be set at 0°, 15° or 30° in extension (or 0°, 15° or 30° in flexion).
- Adjustable rotation angle.
- Rigid permanent fixation.
- Manufactured from blasted Ti6Al4V to optimize osseointegration
- The Double Taper is available in two models; Straight Double Taper and Angled Double Taper 15°. Each model is available in four sizes.
- The Radius Connector is available in two sizes
- The Metacarpal Nail is available in two lengths with three different diameters each.
- Conversion from Motec Wrist Prosthesis System
For product material such as Instructions For Use, Brochures or Reprocessing Instructions, please visit our resource library.
Products from Swemac
To find your local distributor or for more information about our products, please contact us: