Medoff® Sliding Plate
The Medoff® Sliding Plate is a well-proven concept in the treatment of unstable trochanteric and subtrochanteric fractures of the hip.
Unlike other devices, which allow dynamic compression only along the axis of the femoral neck, the Medoff Sliding Plate is designed to provide dynamic compression along the axis of the femoral shaft as well. The Medoff Sliding Plate is used in combination with the Hansson Twin Hook or the Swemac Lag Screw. All plates can be used in combination with the Lateral Support Plate.
Features and Benefits
- Provides dynamic compression along the axis of the femoral neck, femoral shaft or a combination of both
- Lateral support plate prevents medial displacement
- Locking set screw option for uniaxial dynamisation exclusively along the femoral shaft
- Biplanar cortical bone screw fixation
- Unstable trochanteric hip fractures
- Subtrochanteric hip fractures
- Combined trochanteric and subtrochanteric hip fractures
- Trochanteric and subtrochanteric non-unions